family

family

Thursday, February 10, 2011

February Update

So It's been 10 days since I last wrote. I hate writing lately. I used to be good at it, but lately I feel like all I do is make a list of boring, useless things. Maybe it's because my life has become so much less dramatic. Either way, there is not a lot to update on.

The meds are somewhat stabilizing my body, but I don't think I'm exactly where I want to be with my illness yet. I still have my painful days far too often and I'd like to get to a point where my life feels normal.. as least as much as it can be. I have two doctor's appointments coming up and hopefully I can get some insight that might progress my journey further. I'm also considering hypnosis. I know, it sounds crazy and the thought of it kind of creeps me out. However, supposedly there is really high success rate if you get a trained hypnotist to help you when it comes to IBS. Or maybe I'll try acupuncture. I don't really care what I have to do, I just want to find my miracle.

I lost my microdermal anchors. Sunday night, one of them started to reject. I was really hoping that wasn't the case, but it was. I soaked it all night and had it bandaged (which was irritating as hell) until morning just to make sure it wasn't just irritated or infected. However, the next day I knew it was time to take them out. As soon as I was done with school on Monday, I drove over to Koi Piercing Studio and told them I wanted both out. I had seen videos on the removal process so I expected to get cut open and be hassled until they could free it. However, it was quite a shock to me when the lady told me to breathe in and as soon as I exhaled she literally jerked it out. That was it. There was no digging, no manipulating of the plate. They literally hook on to the top piece and rip it out. Needless to say, there was some expletive terms coming out of my mouth at that point. It wasn't too bad though and they are already healing. They let me keep the jewelery so I can get anchors done anywhere in the future for about $30. I doubt that will happen anytime soon though. I must say that it's weird not to have them; I feel as if I am constantly losing pieces of my old self and as stubborn as I am about it.. it feels good. It feels like I am heading in the direction of the person I want to be.


It was a little bloody the first night, but they are healing great now.

I feel like there is a lot to talk about in my life, but I'd rather not ramble on for hours. Just know that I will be making an effort to update this more often and if it turns into a petty journal well.. I warned you from the beginning actually.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week.

No comments:

Post a Comment