family

family

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Moving Forward

Alright, so this is my first attempt at writing in a long time. It was kind of rushed and on the spot, but I didn't think it was too horrible. I hope everyone is having a great week.

Moving Forward
The memories fading and it's all in a haze
That part of my life was just a phase
Thought it was forever, thought it was true
Come to find out that I never knew you

It's crazy to think that I could be so wrong
Especially when I had known you for so long
I'm okay now, I'm finally in a good place
There's nothing left of us, not even a trace

Don't be mistaken, I will always care
I just won't tell you, It's just not fair
It's my way of helping you to let go
The pain of moving on is something I know

Even though it's over, we'll both be okay
We just have to keep taking it day by day
I've let go of the anger, hurt, and fear
I can't believe it's already been a year

I wish you the best with all that you do
It's tough but I know that you'll push through
I hope that at least you'll no longer lie
I'd hate for you to face another goodbye
~Jordan Stocking '11

No comments:

Post a Comment