family

family

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Catch Up Time

So It's been a long while and a lot of things have happened since I last posted. I haven't stopped writing. I tried another blog site and discovered it's really not for me.. at all. Kyle also bought me a regular journal which I use for all the trivial parts of life. I guess I will try to make this blog more organized. What's happened the last few months:

I finally got through school and graduated with my Bachelor's in Microbiology. As difficult as that was, I miss school. I don't know what to do with myself now that I don't have that stress in my life. I've been working on it though and I keep myself busy working full time and keeping our house going.

Christmas time was amazing and hectic all at once. Spent time with family, moved into our new house, and everyone got that really nasty flu. My grandpa was taken to the hospital in an ambulance christmas night because it was so bad. Our first night in our house (day after christmas) I spent 8 hours throwing up. I wouldn't trade any of it though. We created some pretty fun, amazing, and memorable stories and everyone got through it.

So lately we've been focusing on the house. Fixing up little things like replacing lights, batteries in smoke alarms, hanging pictures, getting weeds out of the yard, etc. Next weekend we are going to paint in our main room. It's so nice to have something that is ours that we can do anything we want with. It gives me all the motivation in the world to make it as nice as possible. Our tax returns were awesome this year so we will hopefully get to put in a yard and will have most of our new house stuff paid off within the next 6 months.

Something to look forward to: August 12-18th we are going to California. I'm so excited because Kyle has never seen the ocean before. I would consider Southern California my dream place to live so I love going there. We are going to be hitting up disneyland for 3 days, universal studios, and sea world. In between we will try to make time for the beach for a couple days at least and just have fun together. I can't wait to experience this with Kyle and I know it is going to be absolutely amazing.

I'm also going to be getting a tattoo fairly soon I think. I would like to get "Luctor et emergo" down my spine which translates to "I struggle and emerge". This has a lot of significant for me not only because of my past but also because of my daily life dealing with being sick. So, I'm going to keep thinking about it for the next little bit and if it still feels right then I will go through with it. I'm also planning on getting a tribal wolf on my back. This has huge significant with my family. Just some inspiration:

No comments:

Post a Comment