family

family

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Turning to Nature Instead

Kyle and I were married on June 22nd this year. It was amazing and maybe I will post a more detailed post some time about it.. but for now I'd rather focus on the present.

I've decided to hold off on drinking for 30 days to get more healthy and to take better care of myself. I also want to be able to find positive and healthy activities to do besides bar hopping. ;) Not that it's not fun to go out, but eventually it starts to become exhausting. I made the mistake of drinking around people that I can't trust and it made me realize that I need to be a lot more careful and choose more wisely because at this age I really don't care for the drama anymore.

This weekend, we went hiking Friday night after work and Saturday as well. It was so nice to just get out and above all of the daily crap. We took the puppies to dog lake on Saturday and it was a perfect day for a hike. It was completely overcast, only about 70 degrees, and it even sprinkled rain for a little while. It was so nice. Laila, as her usual self, had to greet every person that came her way and Mickey had to defend us from every possible dog on our path. He is such a shit, but so cute. We met a fellow weenie and Laila and Mickey were both super friendly.. apparently my dogs know their own kind. It was about a 6 mile hike and I was proud to accomplish it. When we got to the top Kyle threw Mickey and Laila into the lake and although they hated it they are very good swimmers.

Right now we are just enjoying life being married and not being stressed planning a wedding. Our only goals right now are to enjoy our time together and to get as much debt paid off as possible. It will take a little bit longer with Kyle having to pay for school now, but with his new promotion we are finally stepping into a position where we can pay a lot of stuff down. We are hoping to plan a trip to Italy next year and possibly a fun trip to Disneyland during October this year. :)

Maybe one day I will stop avoiding writing and go back to it. Maybe. But for now, I'm just taking it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment