family

family

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Need to Stop Thinking About Kids

Am I a bad person if I am more excited to have kids then to get married? I feel like I can be happy with a person without necessarily being married. It's not that I'm against marriage; I just feel weird when it comes to all the legal issues. Celebrating your life with someone is awesome, just not sure I want the government involved.

I really want kids though. Ha ha, I feel like I am thinking through things backwards. Obviously, it's going to be awhile because I am not even done with school and I would like to be as financially stable as possible before embarking on a lifetime journey of parenthood. I will be pretty excited when the day comes.

In the last month, I've had two dreams about being pregnant/having a baby. In the first dream, I was pregnant with twin boys that were at different stages. Bizarre, but whatever. Last night I had a dream that I had a baby boy. I'm starting to get the sense that I either really subconsciously want a baby boy or that's what is really going to happen.

Anyway, for now I am going to be a responsible adult and enjoy being young and kidless. I'd like to see some of the world and spend some quality time living with Kyle first before any of this happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment