family

family

Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

So, Kyle and I had a great but lazy weekend. Friday night we both pretty much crashed with has now become a common occurrence due to our crazy school and work weeks. Saturday we both woke up early and took Laila on a walk. We've both been enjoying the cooler weather lately, so that was a good way to start the day. Plus, I found out that Laila is smart enough to walk right next to us off of her leash. Greatest discovery ever. We spent the morning/afternoon running errands and getting some stuff done and Saturday night we went to the drive-in movies. I went to buy beer beforehand and was stupid enough to let Kyle go into the liquor store with me. Ha ha, I didn't even think about it considering he doesn't drink and I look way younger then him, but we got denied. So, I had to go way out of my way to get my beer which was pretty annoying. I hate the laws in this state. Everyone that drinks underage can get away with it so easy and the laws that Utah puts in place does nothing to stop it. If Kyle really wanted alcohol, I could go in and buy it and then bring it out to him and they wouldn't say a damn word.

Sunday was once again pretty lazy because we are both beyond wiped out. I had a really good and long talk with Kyle and we spent some time sleeping outside which was nice. We go into a conversation about spirituality which was actually really something we haven't done since last year after I had my experience. We are both not very religious, so it can be a bit overwhelming to think about life after death and what (if there is anything) is out there. We both have experienced death a lot in the last year as well, so it's been more of a prominent issue. It was good to reason through our beliefs and to still be able to come out in a positive light even if we don't agree with what society does necessarily. Doesn't mean that we don't have spirituality in our lives and that's all that matters to me.

Today, we went up to snowbird to Oktoberfest. It was really nice to go up the canyon and be in the nice cool weather. We got to ride up the tram, hike around a bit, and then ride the chairlift down. We both wanted to go on the alpine slide but we also realized that Kyle's arm probably needs some healing time. Kyle bought me a bellybutton ring (kind of without asking me lol) and I bought a feather necklace. We sat and ate and enjoyed some of the german music for awhile and then we came home and have been wiped out again pretty much the rest of the day.

Only 14 weeks left of school and work and then I will finally be able to get my energy back. Kyle and I also found another house in Riverton that we might look at putting an offer in on. It's a little more expensive, but the location and quality might make up for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment