family

family

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Appreciating Life



My life has been a whirlwind the last few weeks. I can't believe how fast summer is starting to leave and I know that when I blink again I am going to be back in school. So, here's to a staring contest. Honestly, though, these last few weeks have really opened my eyes. I've done a lot more than I ever saw myself doing and have come out of my shell quite a bit compared to where I was at when I first broke up with Tyler. I was happy just to be surviving and then, of course, life threw me another curve ball.

I am really starting to enjoy the spontaneity of life and the fact that no matter how shitty it gets, it always seems to find a way to amaze me. I don't think I could ever let myself get to the point that I was at again because I finally understand what it means when someone would tell me that you never know how great your life can be unless you see it through. I am glad to have held my head up and to have kept moving even when it seemed useless and I've made it a goal of mine to embrace the challenges from now on.

As much as it hurt, I am glad my heart was broken. I am glad I felt the pain that I did and saw just how bad life could be. I appreciate everything that I have now so much more and I am finally seeing life in a deeper way instead of revolving it around a person that couldn't even be honest. I feel so much positivity in my life and I am only going to keep taking steps to make it better and better. Because I know that no matter what happens or how bad things get that life will continue to surprise me. I know that the way I feel now is worth waiting for and worth every bit of struggle that it took to get here.

No comments:

Post a Comment