family

family

Monday, January 17, 2011

Black Swan


Black Swan is an amazing movie. I've seen it twice now and I couldn't be more in love with it. I think it was very well done and even though it's not the most uplifting movie, it is still something I find myself hooked on. I love Natalie Portman anyway because no matter what movie she is in she always does a fantatic job at portraying whatever character she is. She also isn't an actress (Jennifer Aniston, Catherine Heigl) who plays the same damn character no matter what the movie is.

This movie made me want to learn how to dance haha. I doubt I could ever be that coordinated, but I thought the ballet in this movie was very well done especially since the actresses only trained for a year before shooting. I was worried I would be bored out of my mind with the dancing scenes, but it was actually really interesting to watch. This movie had just enough balance to where the dancing was still important but it didn't take over the whole movie. There was still plenty of back story and drama that was involved around Portman's character.

I loved the people that got up and left during the movie because of a sexual scene between Natalie Portman and Mila Kunis (who, by the way, is also becoming one of my favorites). It just astounds me that people go to an adult movie and because there is a sexual scene between two women instead of a man and a women that it is absolutely disgusting and something they can't handle. Grow up, Utahns, they didn't even show anything so if it was that bad it was your own imagination getting carried away with you. I also noticed that one of the guys that walked out yesterday made sure he took his time while walking out. Sorry, but it just gets old that people refuse to see that humans are sexual by nature and become so damn offended. No one is asking you to behave like a slut nor will you turn into one by watching a movie.

Anyway, if you haven't seen this movie, I highly recommend it. I don't know if I would necessarily call it life changing (it does involve a lot of mental health issues), but it was still well done and a lot better than the typical movies we see coming out lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment