family

family

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Embrace Change.



All I've got to say about life sometimes is WOW. It is just amazing to look around at the people in my life and to look at my own life and see how fast things change. The people that end up together, the couples that don't make it, and the families that are constantly shifting and changing. It is just amazing and the best part about it all is that everyone finds their way somehow. Everyone goes through hard times, but everyone also finds happiness in their own way and I am just amazed. I know this seems really obvious, but it's something that I am learning to appreciate because I tend to resist change in some ways.

This season has been a little bit difficult for me because I have had the same routine/traditions for the last 5 years. So every time an event has gone by it's been a reminder of just how much my life has changed and how it will never be like it used to be. After getting through it though, I have realized that I'm glad my life has changing because I truly believe it's only going to go up from here.

I am lucky to have met someone who is honest, hardworking, and one of the most caring people I have ever met. He is hands down one of the most inspiring individuals I've ever known in my life and I am just amazed at how much he has been through to be by my side. He also happens to have one of the most loving and accepting families that I have ever had the chance to meet and I am happy to just be a part of it all and to be able to love someone who is so amazing. We've been together for 6 months today and we haven't had a single fight. It is such a good feeling to know that I can be in such a healthy relationship after everything I've gone through.

I guess the lesson I can take from this is that even at my worst something as amazing as him happened. So, as I continue to face challenges in my life and go through hard times, I know that it can always turn around and be amazing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment