family

family

Monday, January 1, 2018

2018

I've missed writing. I need to get better about it despite how crazy life has been since having kids. Riley is 13.5 months old and Charli will turn 3 in about 6 weeks. I can't believe how fast they are growing. Riley still isn't walking but she is a champ at climbing up on everything and being naughty. She is the biggest flirt.. she's definitely been in a more fussy stage with teeth coming in(she has five now) and getting a cold recently. Charli has been learning a lot and is pushing boundaries left and right. She is also starting to express her emotions more and you can tell she is trying to learn how to handle them.. which is something I'm still trying to figure out so I get how difficult it is. I love them.. they are my greatest blessing and challenge. I can't believe how much being a parent really forces you to face all your weaknesses and vulnerabilities. I'm not a perfect parent at all but I'm also my own worst critic and I don't forgive myself if mistakes are ever made.. something I could work on for sure.

Kyle and I are doing good. He is now working for his uncle building custom homes and he is so much happier doing what he does now. He is also able to provide a lot more for our family to the point where I don't really have to work but I choose to. I'm still working at Nelson Labs and I'm a lot happier now that I've switched departments.. I actually really enjoy my job and the people I work with.

I've been focusing a lot on eating better and on exercising. I signed up for beach body which has been great because it allows me to work out from home every morning before the girls wake up. I've discovered that I need to work out in order to keep my anxiety and depression in check.

So I think I'll end this with my clique resolutions:

1) be kinder to myself

2) blog more often

3) keep focusing on my fitness

I really don't feel the need to complicate resolutions since half the time they don't work out. Luckily I have been focusing on working out since October so it's not a new goal or step. I think #1 is going to be the most important for me.. I often am trying so hard to be humble that I talk myself down or let others make me feel bad about myself.. I think I need to moderate that a lot more and focus on my strengths and not just my weaknesses.


I'll try to post more often.. for me since no one else will read this.

Us on Christmas Eve.. minus Riley who was already sleeping.

The girls and I on Christmas. We were all recovering from being sick.

New Year's Eve. We were lame and in bed before midnight.

Love my fiesty 3 year old.. i will always teach her to own it.


The girls on New Year's Eve in their wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment