family

family

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Words of Advice.

"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I love learning new life lessons. I keep being arrogant enough to think that I pretty much have it figured out and then the most common sense events happen and I am like "holy shit, I am clueless." Haha, so I guess my newest lesson in life has to do with how I interact with people and the way that it can come across. A couple weeks back I kept getting into arguments with people online and someone pointed out to me that a strong reaction comes across as extremely insecure. I didn't feel like it had anything to do with insecurity, just that I enjoy to argue and make my point. However, I have seen countless people do this since then.

Everyone is do damn focused on tip toeing around each others feelings anymore that when someone does speak up it is considered an insult. I don't understand why this has happened, but it's a trend that I have noticed. Person A states an opinion, person B contradicts, and then person A gets extremely angry and takes it personally. Or just by posting your opinion in the first place you get a personal attack. People need to grow up and realize that just because there are differences in opinions doesn't mean that the world is against you or that someone is trying to hurt your feelings. Life is beautiful because of how diverse people are and I get sick of everyone trying to carefully fit into the same type of person.

Now, when someone has a difference in opinion, my goal is to take it for what it is. Do I respond still? Yes. However, I leave my emotions behind because it is not an emotional conversation. So far, it has worked out a lot more in my favor and it makes life that much less stressful. Plus, if you can maintain your cool in those types of situations you will have a lot more respect from other people.

Oh and this is something I've known forever: don't judge people you don't even know. I can't stand when people group others into categories based off of their looks and automatically decide to dislike someone for that reason. It's ignorant, immature, and shallow. Get to know people or don't make judgments.

Just something to consider and don't worry, this isn't towards anyone specific. (ha ha)

No comments:

Post a Comment